Each investment must be at least £25 and in whole pounds.
If you (or a child you’re buying for) already have some Premium Bonds, you can buy more by bank transfer (including standing order).
You can also buy online, by phone or by post.
(If you’re buying Bonds for someone else’s child, you cannot buy by phone.)
By bank transfer and standing order
- You must be aged 16
or over and buying Bonds for yourself or for a child under 16.
- You or the child must already have some Premium Bonds, and you must know your (or the child’s) holder’s number.
- Each investment must be at least £25 and in whole pounds.
- The bank account must be a UK account in your name.
- When buying by bank transfer, you are confirming that you have read and accepted the current customer agreement.
- Any transfers that would take you over the £50,000
limit will be automatically refunded in full to your bank account, so you may want to check your Premium Bonds balance before
- Please note that we do not accept payment via Clearing House Automated Payment System (CHAPS).
Give the following details to your bank and tell them how much to transfer and how often. You’ll normally be able to do
this online, by phone or in a branch, depending on your bank.
When you set up your payment, you may receive a message saying 'This account can't be checked' or something similar. This doesn't mean the details you are using are wrong but please check them carefully.
|| You must enter your (or the child’s) Premium Bonds holder’s number (not your NS&I number) as the reference.
You can find your holder’s number on your Bond record or by logging into our online service.
Make sure you enter the holder's number correctly without any hyphens, spaces or full stops.
Don't add any other information in the reference field apart from the holder's number.
| Payee name:
| Account number:
| Sort code:
|| 08 31 15
You should receive confirmation of your investment within 5 working days of us receiving money from your bank.
Or download and print a standing order form then complete it and give it to your bank.
Online or by phone
Log in or call us at any time with your debit card details.
Please note, we don’t accept credit card payments.
Complete an application form and send it to us with a cheque payable to NS&I.
Buying for yourself or your child under 16
Buying as a gift for someone else's child under 16