Fee-free foreign currency payments from NS&I
Our International Payments Service lets you withdraw money from selected NS&I accounts and send the payment directly to your international bank account. You’ll get competitive exchange rates and we won’t charge you any fees.
All you have to do is register for the service first and provide us with some proof of your international account. Then you can make international payments at any time using our secure online and phone service.
What does "fee-free" mean?
It means we do not make any transactional charges to process your international payment. Instead, we take a fixed percentage from the currency exchange rate before we offer it you, regardless of the size of your transaction. The indicative rates we show on our website take account of this.
Suitable for savers who:
- have an NS&I Direct Saver, Direct ISA, Income Bonds or Premium Bonds
- want to make payments directly to their international bank account
- want competitive exchange rates with no fee
- are registered for NS&I’s online and phone service
Not for savers who:
- want to make payments to someone else’s international bank account
- don’t want to use NS&I’s online and phone service