Living outside the UK

We've always been a UK savings provider, backed by HM Treasury, but we do have some customers who live outside the UK. If you’re considering moving abroad or currently live outside the UK, there are a few things you’ll need to know to make sure that our accounts are still suitable for you.

You need a UK bank or building society account

To save with us, you’ll need a UK bank or building society account in your name. This is because we can only make payments to, and receive payments from, a UK account in pounds sterling.

You can’t hold some of our accounts in certain countries

You may not be able to hold some NS&I accounts in certain countries because of local restrictions, and some of our accounts might be liable for local tax. Always check the local laws and regulations in the country you are living in or moving to.

If you move overseas, please let us know so we can update your details.

How do I change my address and other details?


We’ve updated our Brexit guidance for customers living in the European Union (EU). Find out more