NS&I is a safe home for your savings and we want to keep it that way.
To do that we take steps to keep your money safe and your accounts secure and we ask that you do the same.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We’ll refund any money taken out of your account fraudulently as long as you’ve taken reasonable care to keep your account safe – see ‘Protecting your money’ in the customer agreement (terms and conditions) for your account
See our accounts
- We’ll monitor your account 24/7 and will use technology to safeguard your savings
We’ll help you protect yourself from fraud and scams with tips and advice on how to keep your savings safe
Read our tips and advice
Take Five to Stop Fraud
Take Five is a national campaign led by HM Government and UK Finance and backed by major banks and building societies.
Criminals are becoming ever more sophisticated in their attempts to take your money. Fake phone calls, fake text messages, fake websites, you name it – the fraudsters are trying it. With so much information being delivered every day it can sometimes be all too easy to let your guard down.
Don’t get caught out. Take a moment to stop and think.
Taking a moment to stop and think before parting with your money or information could keep you safe. Never tell anyone your security details.
Could it be fake? It’s ok to reject, refuse or ignore any requests. Only criminals will try to rush or panic you.
Contact your bank immediately if you think you’ve fallen for a scam, and report it to Action Fraud.
Fraudsters are experts in impersonation. Take the quiz and see if you can outsmart them.
Have any concerns about the security of your NS&I accounts?
Please call us straight away if:
- you think you’ve responded to a fraudulent email
- someone may have seen your security details
- you believe someone else has accessed your accounts