In Spring 2017 we’ll be launching a new Bond for investors aged 16 and over, as announced by the Chancellor in his 2016 Autumn Statement.
What is the Bond?
- Lump sum investments providing capital growth
- 3-year fixed term
- Designed to be held for the whole term. If you decide to cash in all or part of your Bond early, we’ll deduct a penalty equal to 90 days' interest on the amount you cash in.
When does the Bond go on sale?
- Spring 2017
- Available for 12 months
- Available on our website only
Who can invest?
- Anyone 16 or over holding a UK bank account
- Invest by yourself or jointly with one other person aged 16 and over
How much can I invest?
- Minimum investment of £100 per Bond
- Maximum holding limit of £3,000 per person
What about interest?
- Indicative rate 2.20% gross/ AER – actual rate to be confirmed nearer to launch
- Fixed rate guaranteed for the whole 3-year term
- Calculated daily and added to your Bond on each anniversary
- Interest is paid without deducting any tax. However, the interest is taxable so it will count towards your Personal Savings Allowance. Find out more at
Gross is the taxable rate of interest without the deduction of UK Income Tax.
AER (Annual Equivalent Rate) illustrates what the annual rate of interest would be if the interest was compounded each time it was paid. Where interest is paid annually, the quoted rate and the AER are the same.